Monday, July 16, 2012

Learn to Paint Rocks with Free Guides, Lessons & Tutorials


If you'd like to try your hand at rock painting, there are several FREE, step-by-step tutorials I'd recommend.

These illustrated, instructional, lesson guides will show you:
  • How to choose your rock(s) 
  • The supplies needed
  • How to create your own, one-of-a-kind painted rocks.


Today's Free Lesson is Courtesy of Lin Wellford


How to Paint a Wild Rabbit and Baby Bluebird on a Rock

critters, bird, rabbit, painted rocks, rock painting
I painted this rabbit & bird using Lin Wellford's free online tutorial

The rabbit was one of my earlier attempts at painted rocks and the bird was done much later. For a beginner, I recommend you try painting the baby bluebird rock first. Painting the rabbit's fur can be a little tricky and I don't want you to get discouraged.

Click here to see how I added my own personal touch to the painted baby bird rock.



If you've never painted rocks before, a free how-to guide will help you get started and for little or no cost you'll discover if it's the craft/hobby for you.


The free projects mentioned in this post along with their links were viewable on the date of this post. I cannot guarantee how long the projects will remain free and available online.


© Cindy Thomas Painted Rocks

No comments:

Post a Comment